As we all know, stainless steel hose has strong corrosion resistance and long service life. However, in the process of long-term use, because of the problems of the product itself and the application, it will cause the stainless steel hose to reach the obsolete standard early. In order to help us distinguish the obsolete products, the situation summarized by the stainless steel hose manufacturers:
1. Weld cracking. Most of the flexible corrugated pipe sections in stainless steel hose use longitudinal welded pipes. Often due to the quality defects of longitudinal seam welding, the strength of the pipe is not good, which leads to cracking and damage at the weld. This damages the quality of the longitudinal weld of the metal bellows, so the quality of the weld should be strengthened.
2. the pressure is not enough to explode. Because the pressure and temperature of the conveying medium are too high, the bellows can't withstand the pressure and burst into a slope. This kind of damage is caused by design and selection errors, and the selection should be made in strict accordance with the hose design and selection standards to determine the parameters of the bellows and the net sleeve.
3. Fatigue damage. Under dynamic working conditions, metal hoses are often fatigued and damaged by cyclic loading. To extend the service life, ensure that the hose is designed and selected correctly.
4. The stainless steel hose wire mesh sleeve is pulled off. Welding causes the wire mesh sleeve to pull off. Because of the welding quality, the hose, ring and wire mesh sleeve form part of the virtual weld (overburned or unwelded) of the steel wire during the trinity welding process.
5. The screen is broken. During the installation of the hose, due to improper installation or excessive pressure, the hose will be stretched and distorted. When the stress caused by stretching or distortion exceeds the ultimate strength of the hose wire mesh sleeve, it will cause The mesh sleeve of the trinity welding part of the hose or the mesh sleeve of other parts is broken, and the outer drum of the hose is stretched and damaged, causing leakage of the medium. Therefore, the design and selection should be accurate and the device should be correct.
6. The welding quality defect of the stainless steel hose connector (inner connection part) causes the hose to leak and fail. When the hose body is welded to the hose joint, welding defects will occur when the operation is improper, and these shortcomings are difficult to find during the pressure test. When the metal hose is connected to the medium pipeline, it will crack or break at the shortcomings due to fatigue and other reasons after long-term use, and eventually the medium leakage of the transport pipeline will be formed.
Once the stainless steel hose presents the above six conditions, it is not far from being obsolete. And based on these possible conditions, it can also help us find the cause of the failure of the stainless steel hose, so as to solve the problem from the source and make the stainless steel hose reach the original service life.
For more related knowledge, you can click here: https://www.gao-zhan.net/